I’m most experienced in software development, research and teaching. I
implement software solutions to help researchers work in an efficient,
transparent, and reproducible way. I often contribute as a developer or
teacher to popular open software projects or communities
Contributions to open software and reproducible research
- May, 2019: Speaker for the webinar: “Uso comun de
Git” (Spanish) for
- Since April 2019: Attending biweekly meetups of instructors for The
Carpentries at the
- February - June 2019: Weekly ixpantia
- October, 2018: Speaker at meetup GitHub for
projects, Library of the National Museum of
Natural History, Smithsonian Institution.
- July-August, 2018: Presentations (built with and about R) at the
ForestGEO workshop in Czech Republic:
- August, 2018: Speaker at meetup Research with GitHub, National
Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian
- June 27, 2018: Teaching Assistant at meetup of RLadies-DC, led by
- June, 2018: Led meeting, with runconf18 folks, on building R
I am a Certified instructor of The
contribute to data science training at the Smithsonian
Institution and elsewhere:
- January, 2019: What they forgot to teach you about R aka Getting
s*%! done in R - 2 days, by Jenny
Bryan and Jim
Hester. Austin, USA.
- September, 2018: Writing R functions for fun and
- September, 2018: How to repeat yourself with
purrr - half day, by Jenny
Bryan. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- September, 2018: Visualización estática e interactiva de datos
usando ggplot2 y plotly -
half day, by Natalia da Silva. Buenos
- June, 2018: DataCarpentry instructor
- June, 2018: Introduction to the Smithsonian Institution High
Performance Cluster (SI/HPC).
- May, 2018: Building tidy
- March, 2019: chirunconf,
- January, 2019:rstudio::conf,
- September, 2018: LatinR, Buenos
- July, 2018: ForestGEO data analysis
2 weeks. Czech Republic.
- May, 2018: runconf18,
- Diversity scholarship to attend the
chirunconf, R Unconference in
Chicago, USA (USD 300).
from rstudio to attend the conference rstudio::conf 2019 (USD
- Professional development scholarship from the Australian Embassy in
Buenos Aires (USD 1,600):
- Academic discount from RStudio to attend the workshop Building tidy
San Francisco, USA (USD 1,200).
- Scholarship to attend rOpenSci’s
USA (~USD 1,500).
2011-2015: AusAid scholarship for PhD at the University of Queensland,
Australia (~USD 190,000)